Reflection -
When I reflect back upon this week a few things come to mind. Her husband is respected due to her. Because she manages their house so well he is able to focus on being a leader.
She is a hard worker and uses her talents to benefit her family! She doesn’t waste her time and it really benefits her family because of it.
She is a woman of dignity and strength. She doesn’t fear the future because she knows her confidence is in the Lord. She trusts in Him to meet their needs. She doesn’t waste time with worry or fear. She doesn’t spend time thinking about inadequacies. She is confident in her skills and doesn’t second guess herself! If I could pick something about the Proverbs 31 woman that I envy the most it would be this! I can get lost in fear at times. I want to be able to let it go and laugh at the days to come!
Monday’s Read: Proverbs 31:23, Proverbs 12:4
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day.Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
A
wife of noble character is her husband’s crown,
but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
When affairs are in order in the home it is easier to make a difference outside of the home. A women who lives in a way where her home is accounted for, is truly a huge blessing to her husband.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
I have to say that these verses are great but sometimes women have influence outside the home. The ebook makes is sound like you need to do everything you can so that your husband can have influence outside the home. I agree with that wholeheartedly but I also feel very strongly that women have roles in their communities and churches. I am one of the leaders of the Women Ministries at our church. Because of this role my husband has actually had to make sacrifices. We have actually talked about this together. We know that in our family we cannot have big roles in the church at the same time. I work ¾ time and he works full time. We just cannot both commit to big roles. As I step back from leadership it is my hope that I can encourage him to step up into larger leadership roles.
With that
being said, I do want to lead a life and manage a home that brings respect to
my husband. But I have to find a way to
balance with it with both of our work schedules, dreams, leadership roles, and
our family. I know I have said this
before, but it is hard to be a Proverbs 31 woman when you have to balance
working outside the home, volunteering, family and managing the inner workings
of your home. The Proverbs 31 woman’s
full time job was to manage her home.
Now that definitely took a lot more work than it does today. At least we can buy our clothes and pick up
our food at the local grocery store a few blocks away.
P--‐ Pray over what you
learned from today’s passage.Lord – Help my family to find a balance in serving you, working, managing our household, and raising our children. Help me to bring my husband respect by the way I stand with him and how I take care of our home. Thank you for the ability I have to make a difference by managing my household. Help me to do it to your glory!
Tuesday’s Read: Proverbs 31:24, Prov. 10:4
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day.She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
Lazy
hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.but diligent hands bring wealth.
She is a woman of many talents! She does it all! In addition to all that she does at home she uses her talents as a means to support her family. I love how this is further down the list after all the other things she manages. It tells me something about her priorities. Her motivation and diligence profits her family.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
I like what the ebook says about this passage. It challenges us to think about our talents. How can we use them to benefit our families and others? But it also calls us to be realistic. Do we have the time to pursue those talents? It should not come at the cost of our family.
My secret
hope someday is to take a photography class.
I love taking pictures but I know that I could get even better and learn
more about the functions on my camera. I
would love to take pictures of families and scenic sites. I know at this point in my life, pursuing
that passion would come at the expense of my family. But I look forward to the time in my life
where I can pursue this passion more. I
love that the Proverbs 31 women is talented and uses those talents for the
glory of God and for her family.
P--‐ Pray over what you
learned from today’s passage.Lord – Thank you for my passions. I love that they are something you have put inside of me. I pray that I would be able to pursue them more when the time is right.
Wednesday’s Read: Proverbs 31:25, Prov. 3:26, Psalms. 23:1
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day.She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
For
the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being
snared.
The
Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.She isn’t worried about the future. She knows she can draw her confidence from the Lord.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
I think that all women at some time in their lives have feared that they are inadequate. We fear that we will fail. We think we can never be pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, fun enough, good enough, etc… I fear I’m inadequate at writing! Yet I decided that if I make a few grammatical errors or spelling errors in my blog posts, it doesn’t matter in the long run.
The Proverbs
31 women is confident because her confidence is in God!! She doesn’t fear about the future. She doesn’t fret about her inadequacies. She puts her trust in God. I need to move beyond my fear of inadequacy. To be honest, we will all be inadequate at
some point. But God is big enough to
work through our fears and inadequacies and make us more like him. I want to trust in Him and find my confidence
in Him.
P--‐ Pray over what you
learned from today’s passage.Lord – Please help me to know that my confidence, strength, and dignity come from you. Please help me to give my fears over to you.
Thursday’s Read: Psalms. 37:3, Prov.
3:5
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day.Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Trust
in the Lord with all your heart. Lean
not on your own understanding.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.We cannot see the future but we are instructed to trust the Lord with it.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
I am seeing this theme a lot in this study! It is essential to trust in the Lord and not in our own understanding.
P--‐ Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – I need to trust in you in every circumstance. Please help me to trust in you for each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment