Reflection:
This week we read the Proverbs 31 women watching over the affairs of her household and how she is wise with her time. I find this challenging. It’s easy to let time slip away by doing meaningless things. I want to know what is going on in my household and be an example to my husband and children. Those things carry meaning. The rest of the week focuses on being diligent with your work and your time.
We are nearing the end of the study! Only four weeks to go. Keep it up!
Monday’s Read: Prov. 31:27, Prov. 13:1
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day.
She watches over
the affairs of her household and doesn’t eat the bread of idleness.
A
wise son heeds his father’s instruction, but a mocker does not respond to rebukes.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.The reading from the ebook has great insights today! It takes us through the verse
“She
watches” – Her family is her priority and she sees and knows what is going on
in her house. She isn’t watching other
things. In our day in age this could be
Facebook, surfing the internet, too much television.
“the
affairs” – This is the things that go on in the house. This would be the habits, actions, routines
of her family. Are they healthy and God
honoring? As women, we have a powerful
influence over what goes on in the household and they are watching us and the
example we set!
“of her
household” – She is concerned for this first.
She isn’t obsessed about what her friends, boss, or family think of
her. She is concerned about doing what
is right for her own household.
“She doesn’t
eat the bread of idleness” – Because she is serving her family so wonderfully,
she doesn’t have a lot of time to waste on things that are meaningless. She focuses on what brings meaning and
purpose to her family!
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.The Proverbs 31 woman is amazing at managing her time. To be honest, I do a decent job at keeping watch over the basic affairs of my household. But I fall short in some areas. For as much as I do in my home, I also do waste a lot of time on the internet! I really need to set some boundaries about the time I spend on it. I don’t think catching up on facebook and reading news is a bad thing. But spending too much time doing those things takes away from my family. I need to do a better job at this. I would also like to make an effort to eat at the dinner table without the tv on =-) This will be especially important to me as my daughter gets a little older.
Watching
where our time goes will always be an area for improvement! It’s easy to let priorities slip!
P--‐ Pray over what you
learned from today’s passage.Lord – Help me to be aware of where my time goes! Help me to use my time in a way that is pleasing to you and not to waste it on things that are not important.
Tuesday’s Read: Prov. 9:1-2; Prov. 6:6-11
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day. Wisdom has built her house; she has set up its seven pillars. She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table.
Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet
it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long
will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A
little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest — and poverty will come on you like a
thief and scarcity like an armed man.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.The women in Proverbs 9 is resourceful. She runs her house wisely and is prepared.
We need look
no further than an ant for a good example of a hard worker. The ant doesn’t have a boss telling it what
it needs to do. It knows that it must
work to stay alive. If we are lazy and
don’t work hard we will experience poverty.
In my opinion, it may not be true monetary poverty. It may be poverty relating to your character
or relationships. If we are diligent in
our lives we can experience these other kinds of poverty.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.This just reinforces the value of work. Since starting this study I have challenged myself to be wise with my time. I don’t always keep myself from distractions but I am better at managing my time. I am getting more done as well as having the ability to spend “quality time” with my family. I want to continue to work on being wise with my time.
P--‐ Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Thank you for teaching me about how you want me to use time. You have given me enough time each day for the things you want me to accomplish. Please help me to trust in you to guide my time each day!
Wednesday’s Read: Prov. 24:3-4
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day. By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
It takes a lot of diligence and wisdom to provide for a family and to give them the love, support, and guidance they need. It takes knowledge to be able to provide for a family.
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
I know I just need to keep praying for wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. They don’t always come naturally and I need to rely on God to supply!
P--‐ Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – I need you! Please give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Guide me in my day to day decisions as I seek to be Godly in the ways I manage my home.
Thursday’s Read: Prov. 12:24
S--‐ Write out the scripture passage for the day. Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.
Laziness brings on deep sleep,
and the shiftless go hungry.
Sluggards do not plow in season;
so at harvest time they look but find nothing.
O--‐Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.Hahaha… I think there is a very clear theme for the day. Don’t be lazy or you will end up in forced labor, deep sleep, or starving!
A--‐ Write down 1--‐2 applications from the passage.
Don’t give into laziness and wasting time. It’s easy to do but completely not helpful.
P--‐ Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Please help me to be wise with my time!
No comments:
Post a Comment