Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Study Week 11

Week 11
Reflection:
I love that this woman is being blessed for her hard work.  We finally see it this week.  Her children and her husband appreciate what she does.  But I am sure there was a lot of hard work and diligence that got her to this point.  She doesn’t give up.  She doesn’t have to be talked into doing what is right.  She just does it. 

Monday’s Read: Prov. 31:28
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
“Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her.”
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
It may take a long time for our children to realize the sacrifices we make in raising them.  But if we are looking for praise outside our home but don’t take care of what is going on in our home our priorities are misplaced.  The way she leads her home makes children and a husband praise her.
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
How often do I look for praise for the things I do outside my home.  All the time!  I want to be good at my job, good at leading a ministry, a good friend, etc… Those things are all great but if I lose focus on what is going on in my home then it’s not worth a whole lot.  I need to focus on being a good mother and praying for my husband and children.  I’m not very good at being consistent in prayer =-(  I need to work on this because it is the foundation of having a Godly home! 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Help me to focus on ways I can make my home a haven and a place that encourages growing in a relationship with you.  Please help me to have the right priorities.  Please give me wisdom on how to show my family how to have a good relationship with you and each other. 

Tuesday’s Read: Prov. 22:6
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
This implies a lifetime of instruction starting from the beginning of life!  This is not a job for the faint of heart!  It’s hard, challenging and not without joys and sorrows.  I like what the video from the Good Morning Girls blog had to say about this in Monday’s post.  This is a principal and not a promise.  It doesn’t take into account free will.  God gave us the ability to choose and make our own choices.  You may train up your child in a Godly home and the may choose a different road when they are out of your home or even while they are in your home. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
It’s hard to know that even if you did everything right, your child may not choose to follow Christ.  Your child will still make mistakes.  That makes me fearful even though I know I should not give in to fear.  I need to trust God with my child.  They may make mistakes and they may not choose to follow Christ but that is beyond my control.  What I can control is the time spent praying for my child.  I can control whether I choose to worry or choose to trust.  I can control the kind of example I put forth for my child.  In the end, I have to trust that God will never be finished writing the story of my child’s life.  He is in control. 

Today, I want to choose to be in prayer for my child.  I want to choose to pray that I will be the best example possible for them on leading a Godly life.  I choose to teach them about God.  I choose to keep them involved in church. 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Help me not to give into fear when it comes to my children.  Help me to choose to trust you with their lives and their decisions.  You are in control.   Help me to let you be God.  Thank you that you love my child even more than I do.  You desire nothing more for them to come to know you and live a Godly life.  Thank you for that. 
 
Wednesday’s Read: Titus 2:4
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
This passage in Titus is about instructions for living.  The author gives instructions first to the older men and then to the older women.  He instructs the older women to be reverent and to teach what is good so they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children.   This looks like mentorship to me and I love this example!!
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
I appreciate the example I have in the older women around me.  They really show me what it looks like to love a husband and children.  I appreciate this and have a great example to follow!
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Show me each day how I can love my husband and child as you would.    

Thursday’s Read: Proverbs 31:29
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
As this passage comes to a close, you see that her husband praises her. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
I think this verse sets up an ideal setting where the husband loves God and truly appreciates all that his wife does for him.  This may not always happen.  We are all flawed including the husbands.  Your husband may not be a Christian and may not understand the importance of these things.  In the best of situations – we are striving to be a Proverbs 31 women and they are striving to be a Godly leader.

When we neglect our husbands and put more focus on our children, jobs, volunteer work, etc…  but we fail to meet the needs of our husband, we are not being a Proverbs 31 women.  I think it’s easy for me to get caught up in so many other things and forget that this is a priority. 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord- Help me to find ways to make my husband a priority each day.  Help me to take care of him the way you call me to and show your love through my actions.   


No comments:

Post a Comment