Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Soak it Up, Sweat it Out ~ Triennial Day 2

Today started out with a comedy of errors.  Cheryl and I had to get up early and repack so we could switch rooms.  We were put in a wing far away from the conference and they were able to move us after the first night to a room located next to my mom and grandma.  So as we are furiously repacking, our bagel and coffee from room service were 45 minutes late and our tour was just about to start.  Cheryl gets her bagel in the nick of time as well as our coffee.  We head down to meet for our tour.  Cheryl hands me my coffee and I spill on my white shirt.  Of course it happens when I'm wearing white! So I run to change and hope that I don't make people wait on me.  My husband makes fun of me for packing extra outfits...however, my packing habits saved me today as I had an extra shirt to wear! 

On our tour we did a whirlwind tour of the important places by bus.  We weren't able to get out but Julie's camera got amazing pictures through windows! 

I have a great capacity to remember medical information for my job as a PA.  But, I am the world's worst history buff.  I find history fascinating but I can't remember anything.  So if any of my labels are incorrect in my blog you can graciously correct me.  I already know my history knowledge is insufficient and I won't be offended. Here are some of the sites we saw today: 

Washington Monument:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave:
Jefferson Memorial:
WW2 Memorial:

  Iwo Jima Memorial
 Arlington Nation Cemetery: 
????
Smithsonian Art Museum:
Capitol Building:
After driving past some of the best sites in Washington DC we headed to Georgetown for shopping.  My father-in-law went to law school at Georgetown so I really wanted to see the campus before we shopped.  My mom, grandma, and Cheryl indulged me and we were all glad we got to see some of the campus!  Here are a few pics of the campus and surrounding areas:



Kinsey, Julie (my mom), and Ruth (my grandmother) on the Georgetown Campus:
I've been trying to take some head shots of Cheryl for her to use as she ventures into the world of speaking to Christian women.  We got a few great shots around Georgetown!  Here are two of my favorites!

The flowers and architecture around Georgetown are gorgeous.  We were talking to an owner of a house that was built in 1812.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the architecture but I did take some shots of my favorite flowers:


It was a fabulous day and we were glad to get the chance to see sites and shop!  We learned that the fastest way to make a Colorado woman sweat is put her in heat AND humidity!  So the theme for the day came from Grandma Ruth: "Soak it (the scenery) up and sweat it out." At the end of the day we were exhausted:
When we got back to the hotel a new room was awaiting.  Look at the view from our balcony!  We feel blessed!!
 
Tomorrow Cheryl and I do an all day tour of DC!  Triennial kicks off tomorrow night.  Be sure to check out the webcast that will start tomorrow night at: http://www.triennialxiii.org/videos.php

  Looking forward to sharing tomorrow's adventures with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment