The morning started with 1000 women worshiping the Lord! What a powerful way to start your morning ~ listening to a 1000 female voices lift praises to the King. As I was thinking about how meaningful this conference is to me, I began to think about how I can get back to this conference three years from now. I began to use my cell phone to calculate out the cost (travel, airfare, food, conference fees) of this conference. I figured that if I save $30 per month over the next 36 months I would be more than able to make it back to Triennial XIV. Live dangerously with me and make Triennial XIV a priority. I'm already thinking about how I can sacrifice $30 per month to make it back to Triennial XIV.
Lynn Hybles delivers a powerful message!
We got to see Deb Hamilton from Alaskan Christian College (also my mentor in high school at ACC). The Hamilton family has a special place in our hearts!
Ruth, Deb, Julie, and I:
Noriko in her beautiful kimono dress:
We also had the chance to celebrate the diversity of the women who are attending Triennial at the International Ceremony!
Worship Ceremony in the evening:
Our Speaker for the evening, Elizabeth Conde-Frazier: what a fireball!
Here's a recap from Cheryl about today's sessions:
TRIENNIAL XIII
Key Note Speaker: Lynn Hybels
Book: Nice Girls Don’t Change the World
Lynn shared with us a beautiful and deep story of her life. She grew up in the church, married a pastor (Bill Hybels, Willow Creek Church) and carried with her all her workings for God through it all. And she worked hard; she started Bible studies, played flute in the worship band, guided young mothers through hard times, helped with curriculum…etc., etc., etc. Then one morning in her late thirties, she woke up and just couldn’t do it anymore. She couldn’t get up one more time and ‘do’ for God. She dove into a great depression and in solitude she considered that she just couldn’t serve this God that demanded so much of her.
Through a wonderful Christian counselor Lynn came to realize that the god she had served all these years was not really God. Because, God does not demand. All the times that she would ‘do’ one more thing for God, He was really standing and quietly saying, “No, don’t take it on, it’s not you, that’s not how I gifted you.” As she rested her body and the Lord began to speak and heal her she realized that to serve God in obligation was bondage, and He did not call her to bondage but to freedom. Lynn was recreated during this time and now serves in her areas of giftedness, completely fulfilled. She challenges each of us to dig in to God, let him define us and guide us to ministry. This is living dangerously free. And women, when we are free, are dangerous to Satan’s kingdom. Learn to live as a dangerous woman, a force of God’s nature that Changes the World.
Key Note Speaker: Elizabeth Conde-Frazier
Elizabeth is a fired up woman whose oratory delivery was strong and powerful! Elizabeth spoke at length that Reflecting God’s Glory is only possible when we move out of the way all that blocks or impedes the flow of the Spirit through our lives and on to the lives of others. If we build a dam where God’s blessing can only flow to ourselves and stops there, then we are not a reflection of His glory. It is our job as sisters to help those who build the dams that prevent the flow of God to move through their lives. Elizabeth is a passionate advocate for the injustices in our world; hunger, poverty, human trafficking, the poor and needy and spurred us on to evaluate what, if anything, is standing in the way of the flow of God’s love in our lives. What keeps us from acting in love towards the injustices that surround us in our world today!
Be sure to check out the videos from each day! http://www.triennialxiii.org/videos.php. Looking forward to sharing more experiences with you tomorrow!!







No comments:
Post a Comment