Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Study Week 5

Another week done!  Here are some fun ACC Women Ministry blog facts from the past month... 103 of you have visited the site.  People from 11 different countries have read about the study.  Kinda cool to think that people from Russia, Latvia, Australia, UAE, etc... have tuned in. 

I hope you are finding something from this study that is applicable to your lives!  I think there is a lot for us to learn!  As always I love to hear your thoughts!  Please comment if you get the chance!

Is this the first time you are reading about this? Click here for information about the our summer online study.

Week 5:
Monday Read: Proverbs 31:17, Ne 8:10, Ecc 9:10
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.


Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
When this woman puts her mind to something, it gets done!  When we have a task ahead of us we should work at it with all our might.  The joy of the Lord is our strength. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
I tend to work hard at the task before me but where I struggle is distractions.  I think of something I want to look up on the internet or on facebook.  That tends to be my biggest distractions!  I want to work on this!  Think of how much more productive I could be if I just shut down the internet for certain hours of the day….
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Help me to go at my work with all my heart and mind.  In the end I am serving you with my work and my attitude.  Help me to start eliminating distractions and to have more focus. 

Tuesday Read: Psalms 118:24, Phil. 4:13
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.


I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
God is good.  Let’s not forget to take time to ask Him for strength or to rejoice for what he has done. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
Luke and I have some big decisions to make about finances right now.  I can’t help but look at the verses and think about all the Lord has done for us.  I want to rejoice with Him and be glad. 

I also think this morning as I pulled my tired little booty out of bed early – I can wake up early even though I don’t like it because God will give me strength.  He has also given me coffee and I will rejoice and be glad for that!
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Thanks for the reminder today that you are my strength.  Help me to rest in that and to rely on that strength and not my own. 

Wednesday’s Read: Proverbs 31:18
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
The Good Morning Girls Blog points out that burning oil in that day in age would start between 5:30-8:30 depending on the time of the year.  That is a very good point.  When I think of this woman keeping her lamp on I think that she must be up until midnight but that probably isn’t the case.   Our oil goes on when we start turning on our lights at night.  So many of us are going to be working well into the evening making dinner, taking care of kids, cleaning up, preparing for the next day, etc… 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
I have to admit (can’t remember if I have confessed this before or not) that I love the show “24.”  When my daughter was born we starting watching the whole season over on Netflicks.  She is 13 months old now and we are on the last season (season 8).  I have been convicted about watching too much television at night.  If you have ever watched 24, you know it’s addicting.  You can’t watch just one episode.  So here’s my confession.  I am going to work on cutting back my television habits at night so that I can be more productive with other things.  But I can’t do that until season 8 is done.  There are 12 more hours (episodes) to watch.  I have invested 13 months in this (sad, I know…) and I can’t stop now.  I’m weak!  But I will let you know if I can give up my Netflicks subscription so that I can take that temptation away….once I’m done with season 8. 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – I know I have work to do in making my time more productive in the evening.  Help me to find the right balance between spending time with my family, rest, and work.  Help me not to be wasteful with my time. 

Thursday’s Read: Proverbs 14:3, I Thes. 4:11
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
A fool’s mouth lashes out with pride,
but the lips of the wise protect them.


And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
Foolish = Prideful. 
Live a life where you are not a busybody.  Do your work and keep busy. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
It can be easy not to watch what you say but being wise means that a lot of times you just need to shut your mouth!  My mouth can get me into trouble!

I think about how I act at work.  There are times when I listen to the latest gossip.  But God is wanting me to do my work and not catch up on the latest office gossip!
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord- Help me to watch my mouth.  The things I say are not always pleasing to you!  Please help me to set about my work and not get involved in gossip. 

Friday – Reflection
When I think back on this past week, I am reminded that a Proverbs 31 woman is a hard worker.  She doesn’t let grass grow beneath her feet.  She is ready for the tasks that come her way and she doesn’t give up in the evening.  She uses all the time available to her.  I don’t know how she does it other than to rely on God for strength. 

She must also have to rely on God for strength to keep her mouth in check.  It’s easy to lash out at others.  It’s also easy to listen to gossip.  But we are instructed to mind our own business.  This is not an easy thing to do as a woman.   I tend to think it’s easier for women to get sucked in to the latest gossip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment