At our Women’s Spring Retreat we focused on Restoration. As I journeyed through that weekend and have continued that journey through prayer and in my journal I have realized that restoration is the central theme of all that we are doing in Women Ministries at ACC. We create events like Spring Retreat, Advent Brunch, and Fall into Fellowship to slow us down and spend the time to reflect on our direction with God, to connect with another woman who could grow into someone that can challenge us while showing us the most devoted love of a sister or mother.
I believe I am always on the journey of restoration and I have some pretty dicey situations in my extended families that I am on my knees before God to find the path of obedience, not the path of least resistance. It is truly only God that can heal my broken heart and the hearts of those that I hurt.
It is easy for me to get wrapped up in my egocentric world; and then, God reminds me that the upcoming event, “Break the Chains,” is about the restoration of women who have been held captive as slaves to sex and a perversion of true love. This is a tough sell! I know that most of us will have a number of reasons not to go. And there are some of us, if we are honest, that won’t go because we just don’t want to hear about such atrocities in our own city. I cannot force you to come, but I can challenge you to not shy away from the ‘unlovely’ people that surround us everyday. This is a chance for all of us to ask God HOW he wants us to be restored. Sometimes restoration of our own souls comes in serving those that need something, more than what we need for ourselves.
If you are in the search for restoration in your life; join that search with women, who need women, who know how to love like Christ. That’s You!!!
~Cheryl~
No comments:
Post a Comment