Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Get to Know You

We thought doing a "Get to Know You" post every few weeks with a different woman from church would be a great way to connect names and faces while learning something new about that person. To get us started we will interview the Vice Chair of Women Ministries, Kinsey Ringenberg:

Kinsey and her husband, Luke, on the top of La Plata Peak:

Nicknames: Kins, Kinzers, Kinsalou, KB, Brookster, Ringadingding

Passions: Jesus, Family, Friends, Women Ministries, Climbing 14ers, Hiking, Fishing, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Shopping, Sleeping, Photography, Decorating, Movies, Reading

Job: Besides being a wife, daughter, sister, and friend (which I think are my most important jobs) I am a pediatric physician assistant (PA). This means I get to see kids for their sick and well visits. I get to do cool things like prescribe medications, suture wounds, educate families and kids about important health issues, make boo boos better, talk with teens about anything (and I mean anything) in their lives, pull kidney beans out of ears and noses, make fashionable casts, do magic tricks, and the list is endless. I am passionate about my job and there is nothing like seeing a sick kid get better or supporting kids and their families as they go through tough times!

My favorite job story: I went in a room and introduced myself to a three year old girl. Me: "Hi there, I'm Kinsey." Girl: "You're Kinsey??!! You growed up!" Mom: "No honey, that's not your friend, McKenzie. She's still three." Girl: "Ohhhhhh =-(." She was so disappointed that I wasn't her friend that magically turned into a grown up over night.

Dream Vacation: I would love to go to either New Zealand or Italy before we have kids. I would also love to go back to Maui.

Challenges: I think the biggest challenge to my faith is my love for scheduling too much in my life and trying to control all those things. I like to think I know better than God about what needs to be done each day. I think our faith and walk with God is a lifelong journey. I keep praying that God would help me to let go of my will and plan for my life and let His plan be my guide. I love the verse that says "Be still and know that I am God." Being still is one of the challenges on my spiritual journey for now.

Hope you enjoyed getting to know me. Stop me in church sometime so I can get to know you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment