Fall Retreat - Cozy Mountain Lodge
We had another beautiful retreat at Covenant Heights with the gals from our church and other Covenant churches around the state.
We learned about the foundation we have in Christ and the different "rooms" of our heart. We also got the opportunity to put together soup bags for victims of the fire in Colorado Springs:
Service Project:
My Log Cabin:
I have never had bad weather at Fall Retreat and this weekend didn't disappoint. The fall colors were perfect! We even got the chance to hike and take pics:
Our Group from ACC:
Don't take my word for it! Read the beautiful reflection of one of the women at the retreat:
The beautiful changing aspen leaves provided a
perfect setting for the retreat to Covenant Heights. I went to sit outside by a
small lake on the last morning. The wooden bench creaked while I breathed some
cool mountain air. My eyes wandered over the water, pines, aspen and sculpted
edges of Long’s Peak…
I’d
been struggling to understand my place in the world. I wondered what
significance my life carries and why my roommates seemed to leave me behind so
frequently. They were supposed to be my closest friends and that is what made
the loneliness of the past 8 months so poignant. I was living with them, but I
might as well have been living 50 miles away and alone.
A
few months ago, I decided enough was enough. “I’m going to church,” I thought.
Bible studies on my own were great and I felt very connected to God. I was able
to hear His voice clearer than ever. But that did not curb the loneliness that
gnawed on me. I kept asking God to change them or me or both.
Soon
after those prayers, I read a passage that described how God is capable of
turning rocks to water (Psalm 114: 7-8). I thought it was beautiful and made me
think about the difference between a heart of stone and one like water. But how
do you love others when your heart feels more like a pile of abandoned ashes?
Retreating
for some “rest and comfort” with God, Scripture and fellowship sounded like a
good start.
As
I sat on the bench after a full and wonderful weekend, I admired the colorful
trees whose leaves shivered in the air and the stoic mountain sides. I realized
that everything was here because of God; from the lines cut into the sky by the
mountains to the tiny veins in an aspen leaf, everything was made with perfect
attention to detail. The complexity of God and Creation washed over me and I
relaxed in awe. If he is aware of every detail in nature then He is definitely
aware of me – aware of teaching me how to be like Him. He’s performing some
miracle alchemy that turns ash or stone to water, to something beautiful.
I
left Covenant Heights feeling as though I had gained a foothold in a great
community, feeling accepted and hopeful, rested and comforted. Praise God.
What a thoughtful reflection! This was a much needed break for me and I got to spend it with a great group of women!
~Kinsey Ringenberg~
Women Ministries Chair


Wow! Could not have said it better! Beautiful pics. Made several new friends - now we have a connection and don't just pass by in the church lobby. Hugs are the order of business!
ReplyDelete