Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Study Week 13


Week 13
Reflection:  
I'm a little late on this post.  Our computer crashed and we had to pay to get all our documents recovered =-(.  I now have all the work I saved on this study!!  Thankfully it wasn't lost.  Here's my thoughts on the last week of the study.  What a great journey this summer has been for me.  This is the most consistent I have been with a Bible Study for a long time!  I have learned a lot from the Proverbs 31 women and I hope you have too.  This same blog is gearing up to do a study on Colossians in September.  I am planning to do that with them!  Maybe I'll blog about too... who knows.  If you want to join me you can go to http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/2012/08/fall-session-sign-ups-start-today/ 

Looking forward to it!!  

Monday’s Read: Prov. 31:31
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
I have studied this Proverbs 31 woman for 13 weeks now.  It feels impossible to measure up and it didn’t seem like there was any reward for her.  But in the past couple of verses we see what she has “earned.”  The Good Morning Girls Ebook points out that she doesn’t get a spa day or a Disney vacation… I was really hoping for that!  But look at what she does earn – She is respected by her husband, loved by her children, and praised at the city gate.  In the end, this is the best kind of reward.  It shows that she has poured herself into the lives of others and she is very much appreciated for that. 
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
In the end the Proverbs 31 woman is praised.  I have been waiting for this!  She has worked so tirelessly for those around her.  It’s not that I should expect praise from others because in the end I am working to the glory of God and not men.  But the natural reward to pouring yourself into the lives of others is their appreciation!
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Thank you that this woman gets the best kind of reward.  You are pleased with her and the people she serves love and respect her.  I pray that I would live a life worthy of pleasing you first and then a life that pours into others. 

Tuesday’s Read: Prov. 14:23, 27:18
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
All hard work brings a profit,
but mere talk leads only to poverty.

The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit,
and whoever protects their master will be honored.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
Talk without action is meaningless. 
When you do the work you will profit.
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
I can say that I want to be a Proverbs 31 women but that will never happen unless I take steps towards seeking God’s help in that area.  If I don’t work on the action part it will never happen. 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – help me to put actions behind my words.  I am never going to be the woman you want me to be unless I take action.  Please give me the motivation and the strength. 

Wednesday’s Read: Acts 13:22
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
I’m not sure if this verse is a mistake or not =-)  But I’ll go with it.  God is seeking people that are after his own heart.  When you seek God with your whole heart, he can use you in incredible ways.
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
For me, seeking God right now is to be consistent in quiet times.  I need to continue to do that because when I see God consistently, changes happen!
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – Thank you that you use broken people.  You just require that we seek you.  Show me how I can seek you better!

Thursday’s Read: Prov. 27:2
S-- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.
O--Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
Don’t praise your own work.  Let your actions speak for you.
A-- Write down 1--2 applications from the passage.
It’s easy to “toot my own horn” especially around my household.  I want my husband to know every little thing I do so he can really appreciate what I bring to the table.  But this verse says I need to be quiet about that.  I need to let my actions be what causes others to praise me. 
P-- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Lord – I struggle with letting others know what I do for them.  I like to feel recognized and appreciated.  Help me to realize that I am doing things for your glory and that is what counts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment