Mission Statement
Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Trust in the Lord
Trust in the Lord with all your heart… I can’t tell you how many times I have repeated this verse since the last newsletter! Last month I shared with you that God put this verse on my heart as I was looking toward the busy holiday season.
Life gets crazy for me. I work in a pediatrician’s office and it always seems that kids get more illnesses around the holidays. That means my days get longer and the charts that must be finished seem unending. Advent Brunch is around the corner and I put pressure on myself to be sure it goes as flawlessly as possible. Then there is that desire to be sure I invest in my relationship with my daughter, husband, our families, and our friends. My list could go on.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. That verse continues to calm me when I think about all that must get done. God really must want me to live this verse. I have heard it twice on K-LOVE in the past month as I drove to work. Each time I heard it recited on K-LOVE, I smiled and thank God for the reminder.
Do I think about this verse in every stressful situation? No. However, I keep praying that in time, it will come to mind with each situation. When it does run through my mind, I can feel that God is working on my heart. He is telling me that He is in control. All I need to do is trust.
Join me in meditating on this verse with me during this holiday season. Each of us has struggles and worries. Some may be simple…like my worries about my job, Advent Brunch, and spending enough time with family and friends. Your challenges this holiday season may be more distressing. Yet no matter how simple or painful the challenges, God’s command is the same. He’s calling us to trust in Him with all our hearts. I pray that I (and you) will continually meditate on that verse as each challenge arises. Circumstances may not go the way I would like, but each time I trust in the Lord with all my heart, I feel His presence calm my spirit and urge me to continue to move forward trusting in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment