Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 18

The Daniel Fast
Day 18

A picture that joyfully replays in my mind is of Lydia around 2 years old. We are on a family hike and the wind kicks up. She giggles and turns to face the wind. With eyes closed, arms wide open, and curly hair askew she giggles at the wind on her face and through her hair. And sometimes I wonder if she felt God’s face nuzzling hers as the wind whipped by. She has always loved the wind. Standing unafraid of what the wind would bring, she faced its force trusting what may come. Her arms spread wide and unguarded and joy coursing through her soul.

I wish I faced the winds with not just peace but joy! I wish I trusted what the Holy Spirit brought to me, joy coming from unquestioning faith. Well, I am building my life on the Rock. So I will learn to stand on that rock, eyes closed in faith, joy in my countenance and abandoned to the will of my Father.

Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment