Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Get to Know You

Get To Know Linda Pelon
You may recognize this post from April!  I am re-posting it because I think it is important to reintroduce Linda as our new Moms Next Coordinator!
 Describe why you feel called to be our first Moms Next Coordinator:
I was part of MOPS for 8 years and will forever be grateful for all the valuable things I learned about parenting and friendships made! Having that support system meant so much. It was good to know other mom's struggled with the same things I did and then it was great when you would meet a mom with younger children and could now share advice and encouragement to her.


When I "graduated" from MOPS, I wished there was a new place for me to go and get that same fellowship and encouragement. Now having elementary-Middle School-High School sons, and with present day challenges facing our kids, when I first heard our church was willing to host this new ministry - I knew this is where God was directing me to lead. Looking forward to giving that encouragement once again to mom's and seeing new friendships blossom!
 
Describe your family:
Husband Dan (Met our Senior Year at Arvada High School) married 21 years. Three sons - Joshua 15 - Aaron 12 - James 10

What are your passions?
Being a good mom & wife. Love to organize/clean!!

When do you become a Christian?
When I was 7 while at our after school caregivers house by one of the teenage daughters.

Where is your favorite place that you have traveled?
Dan surprised me with a trip to Germany for our 20th Anniversary to see my favorite castle in Bavaria! Also loved England!

What are your hobbies?
Crazy I know - but I love to Organize and clean! Give me a mess and I love to fix it!

How long have you been attending Arvada Covenant and are you involved (or would like to be involved) in any ministries?
Been attending since May of 1999. Involved with MOPS and served as Co-Coordinator for MOPS A 2003-2005. Then served as Co-Coordinator for Women Ministries 2005-2009 and now serve as Decorations Chair for WM. Have served as a Sunday School teacher for 4 year olds when our sons were younger and also as a Captain for ACKC many years.

Name one way God has given you your heart's desire.
To be blessed with a faithful and loving husband and my three sons!

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Here in Arvada, but would love a beach vacation home too.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
All I ever wanted to be was a good mom and hope my son's will think so as they look back when they are grown.

When was the last time you laughed and why?
Just watched the movie "Old Dogs" and I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

We are thrilled to have this new ministry at ACC.  We hope as a Women Ministry we can support and encourage this new and vital ministry for women to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment