Mission Statement

Connecting women in all stages of life in authentic experiences of friendship, service to others and spiritual growth in Christ.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Traditional Christmas...


Can you believe it’s already time to start talking about the holidays? Soon life will get busier as we all prepare for guests, shop for food and presents, decorate, bake, and participate in any number of holiday festivities. I always find myself a little frazzled. I’m sure I’m not the only one!

As I was contemplating ways to get overcome the holiday craze, three ideas come to mind. Proverbs 3:5 was the first thought I had. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” It sounds so simple, yet is so hard to put into practice. Being a new mother on top of working and leading a ministry puts this into a whole new perspective. I have to confess that often I fail to trust in the Lord. What would it look like if I took this to heart every day during the holiday season when I divide my attention between being a wife, mother, employee and leader? I’m not sure yet, but I feel God challenging me to do this. I’ll let you know how it goes!

My other two answers are not quite as scripture based. But I can promise you they will meet needs in your life over the holiday season!

Number 1: Check out our latest idea! We like to call it: “Meals Made Simple, Friends Made Quick.” Come join us the morning of Nov. 12th. You will get to connect with other women while preparing easy meals that can be frozen. This will alleviate the stress of figuring out what to do for dinner during the holiday season. What’s better than having dinner that is already made when you’re too busy to cook?

Number 2: Prepare your heart for the Advent season by coming to Advent Brunch. Join us in this mutigenerational event and bring your friend, mother, daughter, or grandmother. You will get to enjoy a relaxed breakfast where you get to connect with other women. Enjoy special music and carols led by women in our church. You will get to hear women from different generations in our congregation speak about their favorite Christmas tradition and how that has enriched their relationship with Jesus.

While I know my 3 suggestions to overcome the holiday craze don’t provide all the answers, I hope in some way they will bless you this holiday season! More info to come in the SPICE newsletter/ACC website/Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment